As retirees look for ways to stay entertained and engaged, movies provide a fantastic option for a fun and relaxing pastime. With a plethora of genres, themes, and characters, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some recent films that retirees will find fascinating and entertaining that engage with what it’s like to grow older and care about the people around you.
- “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” (2011) – This heartwarming film tells the story of a group of British retirees who travel to India to stay at a newly restored hotel. The hotel is not what they expected, but the residents soon learn to embrace the chaos and beauty of their new surroundings.
- “The Intern” (2015) – This delightful comedy-drama stars Robert De Niro as a 70-year-old widower who becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site run by Anne Hathaway’s character. The film shows the value of experience and wisdom in a world that values youth and innovation.
- “Coco” (2017) – This Pixar animated film is a celebration of Mexican culture and the importance of family. The film follows a young boy named Miguel who dreams of becoming a musician but faces opposition from his family. With stunning visuals and an emotional story, “Coco” is a must-see film for all ages.
- “The Hundred-Foot Journey” (2014) – This charming film tells the story of an Indian family that opens a restaurant across the street from a Michelin-starred French restaurant. The two restaurants engage in a culinary war, but the young chef and the French restaurant’s owner soon form a bond that transcends cultural differences.
- “The Theory of Everything” (2014) – This biopic tells the story of the famous physicist Stephen Hawking and his relationship with his wife, Jane. Eddie Redmayne’s performance as Hawking is exceptional, and the film is a poignant portrayal of love, loss, and the human spirit.
- “Going in Style” (2017) – This comedy stars Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and Alan Arkin as retirees who decide to rob a bank after their pensions are cut. The film is a hilarious and heartwarming exploration of friendship and the challenges of growing old.
As you grow older and start to consider your retirement and managing your financial legacy for your family, it may be a good idea to reach out to a financial advisor. They can help you to set up your finances in a way that meets your goals and is designed for your specific situation. Feel free to Click HERE to reach out to our financial advisors today at HD Money Inc for a complimentary review of your situation.